Sunday, 30 September 2012

A pleasant surprise

Hi all

Having published Mummies of the Reich on Friday, last night my attention turned to Roman 2.
I re-read what I have written so far and had a bit of a tidy up.

 I thought I already had about 10k but was pleasantly surprised to find I actually had 20k that I could use. Now, there is a lesson there. When writing my other books, if I get writers block I sometimes turn to other works in progress and just change focus.

It may be only a few paragraphs but they soon add up and this is a perfect example. I was chuffed to suddenly realise that Roman 2 is just under a quarter done.

That has given me a huge boost.

So the lesson here is, for me as well, when you grind to a halt, don't stare at a blank page but try something fresh until inspiration returns.

It works for me.

:-)

1 comment:

  1. And for me too Kevin - at most times. However, right now I have two stalled novels on the go. I'll find a way round them both some how of course ;-)))

    ReplyDelete